Friday 6 June 2014

How Microsoft has impacted your life and how you plan to bring a change to the society being a Microsoft Student Associate?

“The sun shines between two mountains and there is a house below”

Remember the scenery?? Every kid knows how to draw that on paper or was thought to do so in kinder garden. At the age of 6, there was a feeling that made me think I was better at it, recreating the same drawing with better shapes and beautiful coloring.


It was virtually, on MS Paint. Without me knowing this, Microsoft was running in the background helping me bring out my artistic skills, startling me with the possibilities of computer and computing and igniting the love for technology that has grown into my life’s passion.
Microsoft Student Associates:
Are you a Tech enthusiast, Especially on Microsoft Products?? Here is an opportunity for you to bring your talents great leadership quality and more then you expect as being a Microsoft Student Associates. Microsoft Student Associates is for Microsoft Passionate, Social Media Lovers, and those who are willing to change their campus as technology enthusiasts, who would like to conduct more events and activities on their campus? Then being a Microsoft Student Associates they can do all these stuffs. Are you willing to apply for Microsoft Student Associates? Then fill the online application form .Apply Now! Students under any disciplines can apply for Microsoft Student Associates.

How Microsoft has impacted my Life:
Hello, this is Sarthak Dubey, from National Institute of Technology, Silchar, and this is my biography, how Microsoft has impacted my life and how as a MSA, I plan to bring about a change to the society.

Well, Paint, was just the beginning. It is for lot of my generation. Eventually, I was introduced to Windows, and that’s when I was blown away by the sheer amount of things I could do. Impact of Microsoft in the field of technology is so strong that many of people don't know any other name of operating System than Windows. But now i could create documents, edit them, play cards, pinball and when my dad taught me how to use the rows and columns in excel to store my friend’s birthdays, and I was damn excited. Looking back to those days now, I can proudly tell that, with Windows, I was induced into the Microsoft ecosystem.

The era has changed quite a lot since the beginning of the Microsoft, when I wasn’t even born. That time all Microsoft had was an OS that had a revolutionary power to change everything that we do now. Starting off with few apps and OS, today Microsoft has got their legs in every technology product. Today, People all around the world are dependent on two things. Firstly – phones, tablets, notebooks, which can be basically called computer and Secondly – The Internet. These two have changed every single thing. Now I do my projects, update myself with the new trends, learn and develop new skills using these tools, I am heavily dependent on it and so I utilize the resources efficiently. But these skills isn’t something I acquired overnight, this is the result of the impact Microsoft had on my life.

Then came the time when Microsoft released their own Framework, .NET. Although it was made to attract java developers but the ease of use with .Net Framework is something which you can only feel. I learnt java for few days, but then I read a book about C# and since then I have been a fan of Visual Studio and the whole .Net package. Developing application with .Net is way too easy and I would agree on a statement by Bill Gate that “if you can type, then you can code”; and this was all that I needed to start off with the development of Windows Phone Applications coded in C#.

I love to spread the knowledge I gain and learning new things means sharing them, because it’s difficult for me to do it alone.  But being a MSA, I will have a platform that is backed by Microsoft for uniting ideas, spreading the efforts of Microsoft to help students educate themselves with the latest tools in the market and realize their potential. This will not only help in the growth of me and my fellow student and friends in my college but I believe together we can create an impact on student especially my juniors who haven’t yet been exposed to these wonders.

My Plan as Microsoft Student Associate:
I would also like to organize talks and boot camps to exhibit Microsoft’s determination in helping students develop apps. Being a student, it’s an expensive affair to buy software required for development.  But Microsoft has given me tools like windows 8.1 enterprise Preview, Visual studio 2012 Express edition to learn and develop windows 8.1 apps for phones, tablets, and PCs alike, and all for free of cost and I believe that these things has to be taken to the students of my college so that they can do the same amazing things as well.

My ultimate aim as Microsoft Student Associate would be to bring Microsoft Enthusiasts forward and motivate them to do more with Microsoft. And be a part of the prestigious organization. Through this, I would also like to share the amazing resources present in the Microsoft Virtual Academy, and the webinars conducted that would help many of them to start with something simple and get advanced on it.  

I would also like to hold seminars on the elegant cloud platform, the “Microsoft Azure”. Bring it to the notice of the budding developers and entrepreneurs, as to how no matter what Operating system they like (be it Windows, Mac or Linux) or the platform they prefer (android with java, or python web development), they can develop, host apps or business on Azure. I look forward to spread Microsoft’s message with Azure which is to “Experience the best infrastructure, save on costs, integrate on data and build anything by using what you already know!”

We at NIT have capacities to come up with such out of the box ideas and being a MSA, I am positive that I can take these messages to every student so that everyone at least gets to try and make a difference.


This is not the ending, it’s the beginning and there is lot more to come and will be greatly presented by me as a MSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment